babies       BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, February 6, 2011

POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!



AT LAST!!! It's faint, but it's there! It's faint because it's so freakin' early. But it's positive! It will only show that line if there is the presence of HCG and HCG will on only show up in your system if you are pregnant. I am pregnant!

I am still in total shock. I totally made myself believe it wouldn't happen yet. I prepared myself for negatives all the way through and a full blown period any time now. But nope!

I am much more confident this time with this pregnancy since we tried things differently. I know more now than the last time we tried. I read it's good to try every other day so a man's sperm count can build up. But new studies show that actually has adverse effects - the sperm count is high but the quality is poor. They start to degrade after 24 hours. So it's better to try every day (or at least every other day with the man doing his own thing once in between to keep it "fresh.") So this time we started trying 5 days before I actually ovulated, every day. We tried every day up until 3 days after I ovulated, too, for a total of 8 days.

My first miscarriage was due to chromosomal abnormalities, which generally happens from either a poor egg or poor sperm. I made Devin wait 4 days before we tried, then I made him wait 4 more days and we tried again. Poor Devin's quality must have been horrible. It was inevitable we would lose that baby (not out of any one's fault - we didn't know)

I'm glad I know more now than I did before.

Plus I know now that I'm as healthy as can be and that my body will carry a healthy baby full term.

I am so confident! I know this will be our first baby!

I'm so happy I could cry!!!! The tears keep coming and going. The gravity of the situation keeps trying to sink in. I mean, I'M PREGNANT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment