babies       BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Doctor's Visit

Just got home from my appointment. She did an ultrasound, as I hoped. She said my uterus is thickened, which is expected in early pregnancy. She's trying to play it safe and tells me it might just be from the miscarriage still, but that it more than likely is a new pregnancy. I spoke more to the advice nurses, so she doesn't have every itty bitty detail necessarily. Once I told her more details she was more confident this is a new pregnancy.

She couldn't see much on the ultrasound today, which is expected. She scheduled me another one for December 28th. She wanted one in about 2 weeks but the next available date is 20 days away. In a way it's a good thing so we can definitely make sure everything is ok at the next appointment, and not have to come back yet again after another 2 agonizing weeks in hopes to see more.

I started spotting again today (of all days!) this morning before my appointment. I told her and she said it's normal so long as it isn't heavy or accompanied by bad cramps (which I'm completely in tune with! I SO remember the feeling last time!) To keep myself from getting my hopes up I'm going to assume I am earlier in my pregnancy. According to when we tried this last month I could have gotten pregnant as late as November 19th, 2 days after we last tried. Which would make more sense that I'm earlier than previously thought.

So assuming I conceived as late as November 19th, I should be about 4 weeks and 5 days, give or take a few days. Here's hoping!!

1 comment:

  1. I am able to use comment now - thanks for fixing it. Just keep being positive and enjoy your Christmas with your hubby - the 28th is right aroun the corner :)

    ReplyDelete