babies       BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No wonder...

I have read that anything goes when it comes to the first period following a miscarriage. This period has been strange, to say the least. It started a week ago as very light, barely noticeable. No cramps, but every other symptom in the book - ESPECIALLY moodiness...

Last night, cramps started kicking in. They were tolerable, but still pretty painful. I refused to take medicine so I could monitor how bad they got or of they would get any worse.

Today, however, is a whole other story... OMG.

They've been elevating all day long. Very very painful. I could feel it all the way to my knees and up into my stomach. Just retching pain. I finally gave in and took some Pamprin, which seems to have finally kicked in just now.

I finally started actually bleeding this morning. It went from the faint spotting all week long to full blown period bleeding. I was so happy to have finally gone through just a single tampon.

I have read that many women will pass tissue usually their second period following a miscarriage. That the first will be incredibly light, then the second will be horrible. It's just the body's natural cleansing process.

I think my body is behaving like this is the second period. I had the miscarriage then a month later I had what could be considered a light period, with 1 day of bleeding and tissue passing, when my body finally turned loose the last piece that clung to my uterus. This time, my body is passing a lot of tissue. None of it was attached, else my HCG wouldn't have dropped. It was just "in there." Gross, I know.

But it would explain why the cramping got so horrible today. My body is getting rid of everything inside my uterus - painful! This would have to mean my next period will be more normal. I usually have painful periods, but this was horrible!

Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment