babies       BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Feeling better!

I emailed my doctor asking when I should start gaining weight since so many websites say something different. One said I'm right where I need to be, by not having gained anything yet. Another said I should have gained 2lbs already. Another said I should have gained 8lbs already (their theory is 1lb a week) another said I should have gained 22lbs already. None make any sense. So I asked the professional. I explained to her how I haven't gained anything yet because I've been feeling so yucky from the morning sickness, I asked when I should expect to start actually gaining weight. She didn't tell me when I should expect the scale to bump, but she told me it's normal for some women to even lose weight in the first trimester because of morning sickness.

She also prescribed for me some medicine to help with the nausea. I was a bit skeptical. I didn't really want to take any harsh meds. I've tried everything outside of a pill - the Sea-Bands, more water, Saltines, ginger/lemon drops, ginger ale... The list goes on. I finally caved in and tried Nauzene, a chewable chalky thing you take when you've eaten too much (similar to a tums). It worked pretty well, but I had to take them constantly. And they are expensive! So I caved in and decided to take the medicine my doctor prescribed - she must know what she's doing, it must be ok, she wouldn't prescribe something that could hurt me or the baby.

And oh my gosh! The nausea is GONE!!!! Not even a hint of nausea! Nothing!!! I can finally look at food again and WANT it! Just from 1 tiny pill 3 times a day. I made sure to email her and thank her for the medicine, that it's cured me of my morning sickness! It was horrible before - I couldn't eat, some nights I couldn't sleep, I couldn't do ANYTHING around the house, I was sick of laying in bed but laying down made me feel better. Now I feel NORMAL. For the first time in weeks I feel like myself! I feel like I can finally enjoy being pregnant! No more nausea!

Today I am 8 weeks 4 days. No issues so far. No bleeding (had random spotting, but it went away). No bad cramps (I just get twinges, which will subside when the placenta takes over creating hormones rather than my ovaries). I'm not showing by any means yet. I just feel like I'm bloated 24/7. I won't start to show until sometime between week 12 and 16.

Happy things seem to be going well!! Happy I feel NORMAL again!

No comments:

Post a Comment