babies       BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, December 17, 2010

Feeling So Much Better!

My doctor puts me in such a good mood. Even though this whole mess had to have been the worst thing I've ever dealt with in my entire life, she makes it easier to deal with. Just knowing she's doing everything she can to ease my mind is amazing!

I have read that most doctors won't do blood work on you unless you have recurring pregnancy loss, meaning 3 or 4 miscarriages. My doctor said she has not noticed a difference in the test results when you've had 2 pregnancy losses versus 4 or more. She feels we may as well do the testing now, pretend like we know it was 2 miscarriages, and find out answers before we have to go through this again. At least if we find something preventable we can fix it before it's too late again.

We may not find anything, I may not have recurring pregnancy losses. This, I feel, was just 1 miscarriage, a luck of the draw, chalked up to unfortunate chromosomal abnormalities and nothing more. So to know that she's going above and beyond just to ease my mind when we decide to try again makes me feel a million times better about myself and getting pregnant again.

Luckily I haven't eaten since last night, I would have had to fast for the blood work today otherwise. I don't normally eat before noon and I had dinner around 9pm, so it worked out perfectly for me. I don't have to wait another day to get the blood work in. Plus having to fast because I HAVE to would make it hard, I know I'd be starving just because, even though it's my normal eating habits lol.

They took 8 vials of blood today. 8! I've never had more than the 1 single vial at a time. The guy started laying out the vials, 4 on the counter, and I said, "Wow that's a lot of blood!" and he says, "I'm not done counting." It was hilarious lol! It wasn't so bad. No light headed feelings or anything, and it didn't hurt so bad when he put the needle in. Some of these people just cram it in you whereas some are gentle.

I have never been to a doctor's office so frequently in my entire life. I've had 3 ultrasounds, 5 blood tests, and several regular visits all in the last month and a half. It's a good thing I"m not working right now or this would be impossible!

The ultrasound today showed my uterus is back to normal, not swollen or "full" like that of an early pregnancy/incomplete miscarriage, so that's good. I asked about when my next cycle should be expected and she said 3-6 weeks. From there I'm going to clock it, and hope everything goes back to normal soon. I just want some normal hormones flowing, none of this off the charts stuff! lol. I told her we planned on waiting until at least March or April to start trying again, and she said that was what she would recommend as it is, so we can make sure things are all finished up and my uterus is capable of supporting another pregnancy by then. She told me most couples can take anywhere from 4-8 months, even up to a year to conceive again, because your hormones will be all over the place still, even with "normal" like cycles. That sometimes your body just won't ovulate for a while, like coming off of birth control, it just takes a while to get back into the swing of things. I'm hoping to wait a while as it is. I want this to be a faded memory before I'm pregnant again, so these phantom fears of another miscarriage don't haunt me.

I feel like running so bad today, but it's pouring outside and freezing. I think today I'll do my normal exercises and try to get some core workouts in, too. Just to get my heart going. I always feel better after working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment